- Walking alone is a good way to spend time with your thoughts.
- It is better than sitting and thinking because you:
Cannot get distracted by your computer and phone
Get physical exercise
Enjoy the scenery of your surroundings and nature
- Walking was already a good way to spend time in solitude before the Internet. Thinkers like Nietzsche and Henry David Thoreau were proponents of walking 4–8+ hours a day.
- Walking has become even better since our recent addiction to computers and smartphones. Its such a great way to get away from all the distractions of the digital age.
- However, don’t use headphones to listen to some content — that defeats the purpose of meeting your own thoughts.
- For me its automatically good; most of the time my mind will know what I need to spend time thinking about when I go for a long walk. You can try controlling it — its up to you. Try and see how it works for you.
Thanks for reading.